Re: Help!

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I don't know why your .NET program would output &lt; and &gt; instead of actual less-than and greater-than signs. It sounds like it's trying to escape the XML so that it can be placed in (smirk) another XML document, or maybe an HTML document.

I imagine that any software would choke on that, since it won't know that there are tags in the data!

I don't know of a way to map data from an XML document to a physical file without buying tools (such as DB2 UDB Extenders for XML from IBM) that are designed to do that. There are a lot of tools available to convert XML to a physical file, but I don't know of any free or open source ones.

HTTPAPI does have XML parsing capability built-in (see EXAMPLE16) but you do have to do some programming to map it to a field in your program.

If you want to learn more about parsing XML from RPG, you might be interested in the following page, and the articles that it links to:
http://www.scottklement.com/expat/