RE: Custom header parsing in httpapi 1.11

Sender: "Peter Sawatzki" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott,

>>Do you mean http_xproc()?  I'm not familiar with "start_xproc()".
I'm not sure what you mean by "global" or "context related" in this
sentence.  Are there other types of callbacks?<<

Yes, I meant http_xproc with HTTP_POINT_PARSE_HEADER. In a sense this is set
"global" for all http_get/post routines vs. what you do with the peStartProc
callback parameter in http_url_get_xml: this is a callback routine that gets
passed a context parameter on each call(back) - in a sense a simulation of
the self parameter in OO languages.

>>I could increase the size of a response chain in the next release of
HTTPAPI.  It wouldn't really be flexible -- it'd just be bigger.<<

The size of the response chain is already 32766 in recvresp/peRespChain
however the calling routine uses a fixed size field (2048) in the call to
recvresp. This data is then passed also to the callback. It would be nice if
the callback has a chance to see the whole data.

>>Again, I'm not sure what you mean by "global". Can you describe how you
think it should work?  Do you mean that you'd like to register a handler
for a particular keyword, instead of getting all HTTP headers?  or do you
mean that you want the subprocedure to be tracked separately for each
program that calls HTTPAPI?  This is where I'm getting lost.<<

The point is that I see potential threading issues here because it is a
callback without a "self" parameter - it can't "know" in what context it was
called, but then I'm not a native iSeries / RPG programmer just someone who
helps out an RPG programmer that doesn't know this XML stuff, so it might be
that this situation is not possible at all (I mean the threading issue).

Peter