Re: (GSKit) I/O: A connection with a remote socket was reset by thatsocket.

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jay,

I don't understand what the "Keep-Alive" HTTP header has to do with the problem you're describing? Are you having problems with persistent connections timing out?

I thought the problem was with the connection being reset. I wasn't even aware that you were using persistent connections.

Technically, the keep-alive HTTP header should be ignored by any HTTP/1.1 compliant web server. It's an older, HTTP/1.0 keyword. HTTP/1.1 is persistent by default, and that functionality is turned off by specifying Connection: close (instead of being turned on by specifying a keep-alive value)

If you wanted to specify this keyword with HTTPAPI, you could do so by registering an "additional header" exit proc, and adding the Connection: keep-alive and keep-alive: 300 data to the header.

However, I'll say this again: This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the symptoms that you describe. I don't see how HTTPAPI could have problems where other programs don't -- I didn't write my own TCP/IP stack for HTTPAPI! I use the one in the operating system.

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com