Re: You're absolutely right

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Peter,

You're absolutely right, I'm sorry. I had commented out the call because
it did indeed complain that my app is not registered with DCM, and Brad
Stone had opined this step is not necessary, and since it will take me
many hours to travel to SF and accomplish this registration. (I had
forgotten that https_init() might actually accomplish other things I
needed - duh.)

It's possible to do it without registering the app with the digital certificate manager, but that involves changing the code of HTTPAPI so that it works the way that Brad Stone thinks it should :)

It's an easy code change to make, though, so I'll probably incorporate the change into the next release. Though, I don't understand what the big fuss is about registering an application.

In fact, EXAMPLE4 will attempt to register itself with the DCM automatically.

I will set out to get this accomplished now, since I believe I do have
to register my pgm with the DCM in order to use your HTTPAPI code.

Currently, yes. I can have a beta version within a few hours that will allow you to forego that step, though, if you'd like.