Re: I misspoke

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Peter,

Therefore a *NULL value was returned, and the code in the caller
dictated that efforts come to a halt. There was no specific error msg,
but I'm telling you this is where things broke down.

The HTTP_error() subprocedure returns the "specific error message" that you don't think exists.

When you call HTTP_error() (after HTTP_url_post() returns) what does it say?

I will try to grasp what you've said below (instructions for creating
the log), but I've not much to add - this is where the code essentially
"dies" in my case.

The problem is, there are MANY possible reasons for the connection to fail. Probably over 100 possibilities.

I need to know *WHY* the connection fails, not which subprocedure it fails in That's what HTTP_Error() (or the log file, if you want to take it to the next level) will tell you.