Re: (mschmid) Install error

We ran into a similar error on our V5R1 box when compiling.  In our case, it was a CL program that had numerous MONMSG commands, and it exceeded some internal limit.  There was a PTF for our issue - are you up to date with PTF's?  We temporarily got around it by changing the compile option from *SRCDBG to *LIST.

Terry Richardson
Vermont Information Processing, Inc.
terry@xxxxxxxxxx

Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: owner-ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

03/18/2005 03:45 PM

Please respond to
ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Suspected SPAM: Re: (mschmid) Install error

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

[SNIP]
>        The compilation ends with this:
[SNIP]
>                        Error creating source debugger information.
>                        An error occurred during translation.
[SNIP]

Hmmm.. that's an interesting error message. It implies that the code
compiles, but that the compiler is blowing up when trying to generate
information for the debugger.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a V5R1 box. Mine's V5R2, so the
closest I can come to trying to reproduce your problem is by setting
TGTRLS(V5R1M0) on my compile commands. I've tried that, but I'm not
receiving the error that you're receiving. (Though, the compile for
EXAMPLE16 appears to fail at V5R1...)

You could try telling it to generate no debugging info for the HTTPXMLR4
module. To do that, edit the INSTALL member in LIBHTTP/QCLSRC. Search for
HTTPXML and you should find a statement that looks like this:

   CRTRPGMOD  MODULE(&INSTLIB/HTTPXMLR4) +
              SRCFILE(&SRCLIB/QRPGLESRC) +
              DBGVIEW(*LIST) +
              TGTRLS(&TGTRLS)

Change it so that it says DBGVIEW(*NONE) instead of DBGVIEW(*LIST) and
then re-compile the INSTALL program, and re-run it to compile HTTPAPI.
I don't know if that'll help, but it seems like it would based on the
error that you listed.

The only other thing that I can suggest is that you make sure you have the
latest CUM PTFs installed. This could very well be a bug in the compiler
that was fixed a long time ago...