Re: Certificate is not signed by a trusted certificate authority

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jay,

Thanks for joining the mailing list! It helps me out a great deal to have the questions all in the same place, and where other people can help give their experiences.

(GSKit) Certificate is not signed by a trusted certificate authority.

The 400 is setup as the issuing CA and it is signed by itself and not
Verisign. IIX thinks the problem is on my end but I cannot tell what the
error message means.

Your message sounds like the client certificate is signed by your iSeries certificate authority. What about the server certificate?

Is it possible that the server that you connect to has certificates that are signed by a certificate authority that you either don't have installed in your digital certificate manager, or that you don't have marked as a trusted CA for this application?