TESTPUT

Just started to take a look at FTPAPI  and I am very impressed. Scott did an amazing job with this.

Quick question..when I tried the TESTPUT sample program, it worked very well when I hardcoded a remote and local path name.

However, when I attempt to use a variable for those paramaters, I always get a "No Such File or Directory" error message.  I've tried adding an apostrophe around both ends of the path.
I've tried appending a null to it, and of course, I trim all the extraneous garbage from the variable that may have been passed along with it on the call to the program.

I can't figure out why a hard coded path works but using a variable for the path doesn't.

No doubt it's something very basic I'm missing here, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Any suggestions on things I can try?

The variables are defined as 256A, btw.

Shannon O'Donnell

GIF image