Re: HTTP for V5R3

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Applications using the iSeries SSL_ C APIs for secure sockets If you
maintain an application written to the SSL_ C API, you should update
your source code to include qsossl.h rather than ssl.h.

This only pertains to programs that are written in C and use the SSL_ API.
HTTPAPI is written in ILE RPG, and uses the GSKit API, and therefore should not be impacted by this.

Furthermore, the Memo to Users says that even if my source code was written in C and used the SSL_ API with the ssl.h member, it would still work in V5R3, but MIGHT not in the release that follows it.

Is anyone using the HTTP APIs on V5R3?  Will the above have any impact
on their operation?

I personally have not tried it on V5R3. There's always a chance that something will break compatibility when upgrading to a new release, so I can't guarantee that it'll work.

However, I have looked over the Memo To Users, and didn't find anything listed that would matter.