Re: Host not found

Sender: Sean Porterfield <sporter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

rbelz@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The client did a PING command and got back:
PING RMTSYS(WWW.SCOTTKLEMENT.COM) Unknown host, WWW.SCOTTKLEMENT.COM. Which I guess explains the job log message.
Here is a screen shot of Option 12, CFGTCP command (the true values have been changed (for instance, HOST has a valid host name) to protect the client) :-):

Domain name server: Internet address . . . . . . . '12.345.67.89'

That depends. :)

Is 12.345.67.89 something you made up or something that is there? (I would hope the AS/400 would reject based on the .345 but I'm not going to test it on my production system!)

The value there has to be a real DNS server that will answer the AS/400 (which also means the AS/400 has to be able to get packets to that server.)