Re: Unable to see logged messages in job log...

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

> I am experimenting with FTPAPI. In my test program I have activated
> logging (callp ftp_log(*on)), but am unable to see the messages when I
> DSPJOBLOG. The program is intentionally trying to access a non-existent
> FTP server to force a creation of a message.

What is the logging level of your job set to?  This logging level
determines which messages get logged to the job log.

To find out, type:
     DSPJOB OPTION(*DFNA)

The part of the screen that you're interested in looks like this:

Message logging:
  Level . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   4
  Severity  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   0
  Text  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *NOLIST

In order for FTPAPI's messages to be visible in your job log, the "Level"
must be 4, and the "Severity" must be 40 or lower.  You can change these
settings with the CHGJOB command, and you can change the default behavior
with the CHGJOBD command.

These settings are not unique to FTPAPI, but affect every program that
attempts to log messages to the job log.

If you'd prefer to use an alternative method of logging FTPAPI's commands,
you can define an exit procedure that FTPAPI will call whenever it wants
to log something.  That way, you can write the results to a file, or print
them, or whatever makes sense to you.

HTH