RE: httpapi and proxy servers

Sender: "Ian Patterson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks again Scott,

This increases my understanding of the httpapi. I did not know I could
change the port in the way you suggested.

It seems too simple..  :-)

Therefore when using a proxy (not yet got the password & logging in sorted
out), it is a simple matter to change ports :

<original code>
eval rc=http_url_get(https://remoteserver.com/submissions/loginApp.do:
etc..)
 and eval
rc=http_url_post(https://remoteserver.com/submissions/authenticate.do:
etc..)
<new code>
eval rc=http_url_get(https://remoteserver.com:8080/submissions/loginApp.do:
etc..)
 and eval
rc=http_url_post(https://remoteserver.com:8080/submissions/authenticate.do:
etc..)
where the proxy is operating on port 8080

We have now got our Windows application conversation to the proxy mapped ,
so can start to apply to the AS/400.

Regards

Ian Patterson

ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>