Re: FTPAPI

Sender: "Elbert Cook" <elbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a question about FTP on the Iseries, but not necessarily related to
FTPAPI.

I thought, I would ask here and have a better chance of getting an answer.

Our bank requires a secure FTP connection.

We are on an 810 with V5R2.

They sent us, and I installed their digital certificate.

From a green screen command line, using IBM FTP command.

I connect to their FTP server and get a secure connection on port 20021.

I supply or userid and password.

If I do a DIR or PUT, the connection eventually times-out.

The bank's data processing guy says we are their only AS400 client.

He also says that many PC ftp programs do not work because they (the bank)
redirects the response back from a different port and only a few ftp
programs listen for the redirection. Or something like that.

Does anyone understand what is happening, and if the IBM FTP server will
handle this redirection.

Thanks,