Re: HTTPAPI 1.10pre4, please test!

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Dave,

> I tried installing the beta of HTTPAPI including the XML parser but it blew
> up on the install because it couldn't find the library QSYSINC.

On the screen where it asks if you want ot build eXpat from source, it
says the following:

   Would you like to build eXpat from source code?
      - This requires a working ILE C compiler.
      - This requires the System Openness Includes library
      - Select N here if you have a pre-built copy of eXpat in
          LIBHTTP.

Note that it does say that it requires the "System Openness Includes"
(which is the OS/400 option that installs the QSYSINC library)

I suppose I could have it check for the existence of QSYSINC and issue a
warning message if it's not found.

> The message from the job log is below.  We are at V5R1, the Digital
> Certificate Manager is installed, and so is 128-bit encryption.  I tried
> running INSTALL again without the expat options and it went fine.  I
> don't really need the XML parser but thought I would try it.  I didn't
> see an option to install it seperately.  Even without the bug that may
> be something to consider

I don't know if this is really a bug... it's perhaps not as user friendly
as it could be, though.

I was also considering having the EXPAT service program pre-compiled on my
web site for people who don't want/need the ILE C compiler and QSYSINC
library on their system.  That way, they could download it and select "N"
for the "build eXpat from source" option, and not have to worry about it.

> To paraphrase AC/DC "If you want bugs, you got it."     :)

You make it sound like you found a lot of bugs?  Were there others besides
the need for QSYSINC (which, IMHO, is a dependency, not a bug)