Re: HTTPAPI 1.10pre4, please test!

Sender: SASchollenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dave --

QSYSINC library is installed when you install option 13 for 5722-SS1

5722SS1    13      OS/400 - System Openness Includes

----------------------
Scott

Scott A. Schollenberger
Chief Technology Officer
TENEX Systems, Inc.
2011 Renaissance Blvd., Suite 100
King of Prussia, PA  19406
Phone:      610-239-9988  Ext. 305
Fax:  610-239-9995
E-mail:     saschollenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  www.tenexsys.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.

----------------------
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    --Benjamin Franklin
----------------------

             daparnin@xxxxxxxx
             andard.com
             owner-ftpapi@xxxx         ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             e.ods.net                                                  cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/18/2004 02:37          Re: HTTPAPI 1.10pre4, please test!
             PM

             Please respond to
             ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxx
                    net

Sender: daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scott,

I tried installing the beta of HTTPAPI including the XML parser but it blew
up on the install because it couldn't find the library QSYSINC.  The
message from the job log is below.  We are at V5R1, the Digital Certificate
Manager is installed, and so is 128-bit encryption.  I tried running
INSTALL again without the expat options and it went fine.  I don't really
need the XML parser but thought I would try it.  I didn't see an option to
install it seperately.  Even without the bug that may be something to
consider

To paraphrase AC/DC "If you want bugs, you got it."     :)

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                          Display Program Messages
Job 324756/DAPARNIN/DAVEPS1 started on 08/18/04 at 13:04:07 in subsystem
QIN
CZM0613 received by MKEXPATCL at 3500. (C D I R)

                              Display All Messages
                                                             System:
S10A7887
 Job . . :   DAVEPS1       User . . :   DAPARNIN      Number . . . :
324756
      16400 - CRTCLPGM PGM(LIBHTTP/MKEXPATCL) SRCFILE(LIBHTTP/QCLSRC)
       TGTRLS(*CURRENT)
     Program MKEXPATCL created in library LIBHTTP.
      16700 - CALL PGM(MKEXPATCL)          /* The CALL command contains
       parameters */
       3500 - CRTCMOD MODULE(QTEMP/XMLPARSE) SRCFILE(LIBHTTP/EXPAT)
       SRCMBR(XMLPARSE.C) DBGVIEW(*LIST) DEFINE(HAVE_EXPAT_CONFIG_H)
       TGTRLS(*CURRENT)
     Library QSYSINC not found.
     The compilation failed.
     Function check. CZM0613 unmonitored by MKEXPATCL at statement 3500,
       instruction X'0013'.
     CZM0613 received by MKEXPATCL at 3500. (C D I R)
     CZM0613 received by MKEXPATCL at 3500. (C D I R)

Bottom

                      Scott Klement
                      <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        To:
                      ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx@SMTP@xxx
                      com>                     cc:       (bcc: David A
                      Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  HTTPAPI 1.10pre4,
                      please test!
                      owner-ftpapi@xxxx
                      e.ods.net

                      08/13/2004 05:03
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      ftpapi

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

I've put a new *beta* copy of HTTPAPI up on my web site

SAVF:   http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/httpapi.savf
XML:    http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/httpapi.xml
ZIP:    http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/httpapi.zip

I'd appreciate it if people on this list could help test it out...

New features:
--------------------

1) Includes a copy of the source for eXpat, an open-source XML parser.
    Integrated with HTTPAPI to help with getting data from web services.

2) HTTPAPIR4 has been modularized.

3) I re-wrote most of the network routines so that some common code can be
shared between standard HTTP and SSL HTTP (https)

4) The max length of URLs has been increased from 256 bytes to 32k.

5) Added routines to perform URL encoding of post data.

6) Added a http_url_post_raw2() that accepts a call-back routine to
perform the post instead of a data pointer.  Using this, you no longer
have to load all of your post data into memory at once.

7) Added http_url_post_stmf() to that allows you to post data directly
from a stream file.

Since there have been soooo many changes to this release, I'm sure I
introduced some bugs somewhere.  Please try to find them and post your
findings to this mailing list.

Also, I'd appreciate it if people would test this on different releases.
I have only V5R2 to test with, so I'd be interested in hearing what works
and what doesn't work on earlier releases.

Thanks!

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com