Re: Field names?

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Dave,

> Just when I think I'm starting to understand this stuff...  :)  Basically,
> I'm trying to take your examples and adapt them with my "flimsy" HTML
> knowledge.  From what I can tell this looks pretty much identical to
> Example 2 to post a comment to your web site with the possible exception of
> the .cgi vs. .asp.  That might be it but then what do I reference for the
> post?  There is no cgi file mentioned in the HTML source.

It doesn't matter whether the program is an .ASP or a .CGI (or anything
else)

> The sniffer might give me some clues.  (I have been told that I don't have
> one)  We are a small shop but I'm not the network guy and I might have to
> do some justification to install the software.  We'll see.

Well, I did give you two other ideas.  Did you try them?   The sniffer
thing is a good idea, but if the other ideas are easier to try, maybe you
should do that first...

> They say that ignorance is bliss.  Personally, ignorance frustrates me.  :)
> Have a good weekend.

I can empathize with you. No matter how much you study, there's more that
you didn't know...

On the plus side, HTTPAPI 1.10 will have URL encoder routines that might
solve this problem.