Re: Success HttpApi on V4R3

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Based on what you've said in past messages, I'm guessing that they don't
just want plain XML, but they actually want it encoded to fit into
a web form, in a variable called varPayload.

That would be a strange thing to do, IMHO, but that may be the piece of
the puzzle that you're missing...

as for seeing exactly what's sent out, there's several ways...

1) Use a "debugging proxy", a simple sockets program that reads your
      data and copies it to the remote HTTP server as well as to a file
      so you can see what's being sent/received.   I use this quite often.
      It's particularly helpful to run both HTTPAPI, and Internet Explorer
      or Mozilla thru the same proxy, so you can compare the diffs.

2) Use a network sniffer.  Same principle as #1, but without the custom
      programming.   May not work, depending on how your network is
      configured.  Also may violate your company's security policies,
      I don't know.

3) Add code to HTTPAPI to show you what's going on.  In particular,
      the data in SendReq(), RecvResp(),RecvDoc() and RecvChunk()
      could have code added to save the sent/received data to a
      file or something.

4) You could "hijack" the send() and recv() APIs (i.e. replace them
      with your own procedures) and use that to debug from...

Wow, I'm full of ideas today.  :)