Re: How can I change the 'Local Directory' on an AS/400 using ftpapi?

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Rusling, John B. (Alliance) wrote:

> I've used the ftp_chdir to successfully change the remote directory.
>
> I would like to change the local working directory.

You change your current directory using the standard OS/400 commands
and/or APIs for changing the current working directory.   There's nothing
special about FTPAPI in this respect.

Here's IBM's documentation for the chdir() API:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/v4r5/ic2924/info/apis/chdir.htm

Here's a quick example:

     H DFTACTGRP(*NO) ACTGRP(*NEW)

     D chdir           PR            10I 0 ExtProc('chdir')
     D   path                          *   Value Options(*string)

     D QCMDEXC         PR                  ExtPgm('QCMDEXC')
     D   command                    200A   const
     D   length                      15P 5 const

      ** Example of the chdir() API:

     c                   if        chdir('/usr/bin') <> 0
     C*         handle error here
     c                   endif

      ** Example using the OS/400 CHGCURDIR command:

     c                   callp(e)  QCMDEXC('CHGCURDIR DIR(''/usr/bin'')':
     c                                200)
     c                   if        %error
     C*         handle error here
     c                   endif

     c                   eval      *inlr = *on