uploading source files with ftpapi

Sender: Sean Porterfield <sporter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello all!

I want to upload many source members from a few source files in two
libraries to a Linux box.

I plan to end up with ~/LIBRARY/FILE/MEMBER.TYPE on the Linux box.

I already have a list of members to upload from DSPFD *MBRLIST *OUTFILE

What is the best way to ensure the directory structure on the Linux box?
Be sure to set it up in advance?  Attempt to chdir, if it fails then
mkdir?  (Since the Linux box is mine, we can presume that I have authority
to mkdir.)  Attempt to mkdir and ignore failure that dir exists?  Other
options?

Right now, I know I have 2 libraries, 5 files per library, and many
members per file.

I may experiment with the different options.  Just looking for opinions on
this.  (FYI, right now there appear to be 133 members in one library and
3321 members in the other.)

If I can figure it out, I may include processing to determine if the
member has been changed and needs to be uploaded.  (If I can set the
date/time on the Linux box during the upload and compare that to the
date/time in the *OUTFILE.)  The idea is really like rsync, I guess.

Thanks in advance for any input.