Re: ftpapi - FTP_get() with a (replace option?

Sender: "Richard B Baird" <rbaird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott,

> FTP_get() will replace any data in the file, yes.  I have to admit that
> the keyword "(REPLACE" is oddity to me...  I've never seen that in any
> other FTP client besides the one that comes with OS/400.

my ftp experience lies exclusively in gui (cute_ftp - without scripting)
and as/400, so i thought '(replace' was standard.  i could fill a book with
the things i don't know ;)

> This is an open-source project.  If you feel that FTP_get should have an
> equivalent of "(REPLACE" then feel free to add such a thing to the code.
> Just make sure you don't break backwards-compatibility, and I'll be happy
> to include it in the main distro.

to make it backwards-compatible, an extra *nopass parameter defaulting to
replace?  the problem would be that FTPapi default would be the opposite of
the as400 client default (if not specified, replace vs. don't replace).  it
would probably be more confusing than useful.

thanks again,

rick