Re: Welcome to ftpapi - TESTING

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Richard B Baird wrote:

> I've dabbled.  I was hoping to use the ftp_dir(raw?) instead.  I can
> 'connect' to the local ftp server (i.e. connect to itself).  But, only if I
> can distinguish between a file and a directory.

Well, I guess you could distinguish between a file and directory by doing
an FTP_chdir() call.   If the call succeeds, it's a directory, otherwise
it's not...

Seems kinda silly to use the local FTP server when you can just use the
IFS API, though, doesn't it?

> Let me dabble a little more and get back to you.  Right now, i'm just doing
> a little proof-of-concept stuff - trying some different stuff to see what I
> get, and I'm really not deep enough into the design to offer up more
> specific questions.

I'll throw together two sample programs....  One that shows how to take
a local directory structure and "mirror" it to an FTP server, and
one that downloads a directory structure from an FTP server to the
AS/400.  (Which is the same thing, but in the opposite direction)

I'll add them to the FTPAPI distribution, so everyone can benefit from
them...