Re: Welcome to ftpapi - TESTING

Sender: "Richard B Baird" <rbaird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott,

Thanks for the assistance.  Where do I start? <g>

>> so, i need to interogate the local directory structure, and duplicate if
>> necessary on the remote server, then copy all file within those
directories
>> from local to remote, bypassing the ones I may have already done
>> previously.

> Should be pretty easy to do using the IFS API...   That is, easy if
you're
> already familiar with them.

I've dabbled.  I was hoping to use the ftp_dir(raw?) instead.  I can
'connect' to the local ftp server (i.e. connect to itself).  But, only if I
can distinguish between a file and a directory.

Let me dabble a little more and get back to you.  Right now, i'm just doing
a little proof-of-concept stuff - trying some different stuff to see what I
get, and I'm really not deep enough into the design to offer up more
specific questions.

Thanks again,

Rick