RE: file not found

Sender: "Angela Wawrzaszek" <awawrzaszek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sorry to confuse you I guess I jump from one thing to the next.

1.  I didn't really want to put it to my PC, but when it said my root directory I assummed that is what it meant.  It is on the IFS root directory so it did  work.

2.   When I said I ran the TESTGET and got host not found - I was running it from a as/400 session,  even though I said I ran it from my PC.  I was just saying from the as/400 session it gives me a host not found BUT if I open a dos window and Manually type in the ftp commands for the test server in the TESTGET it works.

So I did change the root directory to go to the directory I want and I have the MyFTPGET program doing what I want now.   So now I am tackling the TESTPUT.   I changed the program to upload the file from the IFS directory that MyFTPGET program put there.  I am now trying to upload that to the as/400.   I changed the directory to be    'qsys.lib/austeellib.lib/vmifile.file/vmifile.mbr'

The program runs and ends with   'File transfer ended successfully'    However the file on the as/400 is empty.  I also have to run the MyFTPGET everytime to put the file back in the IFS directory.  Otherwise it is empty after running the MyFTPPUT program is that normal?

If I change the PUT and GET programs to just go to the root directory not a folder within it,  it does the same thing except the vmialro.txt file on the root directory is NOT blank after running the program but nothing is still transferred to the as/400.

 callp     ftp_binary(*on)
 if        ftp_put(sess: '/home/vmi/vmialro.txt':
            '/qsys.lib/austeellib.lib/' +
            'vmifile.file/vmifile.mbr') < 0
 eval      Msg = ftp_error
 dsply                   Msg