RE: file not found

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Oh, I didn't realize you were trying to get it to put the file on your
PC.  Is that what's going on?

Wow... I'm really lost.  Let me reply inline to some of the things
you've said, and maybe you'll be able to see why I'm confused :)

>   Here is the joblog - as you can see it doesn't show anything went
> wrong.

The job log is from your AS/400, right?  Can I safely assume that this
job log is an aspect of OS/400?  It looks like it would be...

> The file is on the server I am pulling it from, but when I look
> at my root directory it was not copied to there.  i scanned my whole c:
> drive and it doesn't show anywhere on my c drive.

Assuming that you ARE in fact running it from your AS/400 (which I'm
not sure about, due to the next paragraph) the file is in the root
directory of your IFS.  The code you showed me before doesn't write
to your PC.

So, you'd look at the root directory on your AS/400 by typing: WRKLNK '/*'
You'd look at the contents of the file by typing: EDTF '/vmialro.txt'

> I tried to run the Testget on my pc and I get Host not found.  So I
> wonder is something in my whole set up wrong when I put the libftp
> software on my computer?  I can manually run either of these 2 programs
> on a dos prompt cmd display.

Here's where I'm getting lost.  How did you get TESTGET to run on a PC?
It's an ILE RPG program!  At first, when I read this I thought you just
meant that you opened up the 5250 window from your PC, but then you
say that you're running it from a DOS prompt?

Are you using some sort of AS/400 emulator?  Or an RPG compiler for the
PC?   I have only tested these programs from an AS/400 (and iSeries/400)
I have no idea if they work from the PC.   But if you're running it from
the PC, where did the job log come from?