RE: EBCDIC - ASCII translate when pushing to IFS

Sender: Buck Calabro <Buck.Calabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>And now maybe you see my problem :)  I need to account
>for whether or not they've connected to a server that will
>do the translation FOR ME, or if they haven't...

Got it now, thanks.

How about a diagnostic command to probe the far end?  PUT a one byte file in
binary, GET it back in ASCII and compare them.  If they're different, the
server is translating.  That way we don't have to worry about trying to
detect the file type, etc.

Just an idea to help the brainstorming process.