Re: EBCDIC - ASCII translate when pushing to IFS

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

If you're using ASCII mode, the FTP server is doing the translation.

This is why I didn't code translation into the client -- I figured the
server would handle it -- but, what I failed to account for is the idea
that someone might connect to a PC FTP server (with the FTPAPI) and either
do a PUT or a GET from the AS/400, and expect it to be translated.

And now maybe you see my problem :)  I need to account for whether or
not they've connected to a server that will do the translation FOR ME,
or if they haven't...