[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Ftpapi] Problems with YAJL and/or SoapUI

I have been testing a JSON based web service with SoapUI and all was going well.

_But_ in order to make my code work initially I had had to use:

root = yajl_stdin_load_tree ( *Off: errMsg ); 

In other words I had to tell YAJL that my data was in EBCDIC.  This didn't make sense to me because I thought I was sending UTF8 but I needed it working and that resolution could wait for another day. Got the whole service working beautifully. 

But two things happened 

1) "another day" has arrived and

2) A problem with SoapUI has meant my request configuration was not saved. Tried to set it up again and now I cannot get a single *%^$ thing working.

If I tell SoapUI that the data is "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" - which I am pretty certain is what it was set as - then I get a message back from YAJL saying "unsupported content-type [application/json; charset=utf-8]" 

OK - data _is_ UTF8 so I changed the *Off in the load tree to *On. But now YAJL simply blows up during the tree load.

I have tried every combination of content setting and *On/*Off combination I can think of and nothing is working. Even if I get past the load tree blowing up then YAJL blows up subsequently when trying to locate the first node.

Although I did play with the Apache config (trying to fix the UTF8/EBCDIC issue) I'm certain it is now back where it was and, other than the noted *On/*Off changes mentioned above, the program has not been changed from the working version.

Apache config is straightforward as set by the wizard with changes only to the ScriptAlias - it looks like this:

  1   # Configuration originally created by Create HTTP Server wizard on Mon Jan 23 16:49:35 EST 2012
  2   Listen *:1241
  3   DocumentRoot /www/jonrest/htdocs
  4   TraceEnable Off
  5   Options +ExecCGI -FollowSymLinks -SymLinksIfOwnerMatch -Includes -Indexes -MultiViews
  6   LogFormat "%h %T %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
  7   LogFormat "%{Cookie}n \"%r\" %t" cookie
  8   LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
  9   LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
  10   LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" common
  11   CustomLog logs/access_log combined
  12   LogMaint logs/access_log 7 0
  13   LogMaint logs/error_log 7 0
  14   SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive
  15   SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "JDK/1\.0" force-response-1.0
  16   SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "Java/1\.0" force-response-1.0
  17   SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "RealPlayer 4\.0" force-response-1.0
  18   SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "MSIE 4\.0b2;" nokeepalive
  19   SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "MSIE 4\.0b2;" force-response-1.0
  20   MaxCGIJobs 3
  21   MaxThreadedCGIJobs 3
  23   ScriptAlias /SinglePartRequest /qsys.lib/xxxxxx.lib/Singlepart.pgm
  24   <Directory /qsys.lib/xxxxxx.lib >
  25       Order Allow,Deny
  26       Allow From All
  28   </Directory>
  30   <Directory />
  31        Order Deny,Allow
  32        Deny From all
  33   </Directory>
  34   <Directory /www/jonrest/htdocs>
  35        Order Allow,Deny
  36        Allow From all
  37   </Directory>

Hopefully someone with more experience in this area can point me in the right direction because right now I'm clueless.

Jon Paris


Ftpapi mailing list