- WARNING: The .ZIP method is the most difficult way to install FTPAPI, this method is only recommended you are on V4R2 or V4R3. These releases are too old for the other methods. If you have V4R4 or later, please try the XML or SAVF methods, they are much easier!
- Download the .ZIP file to your PC by right-clicking this link FTP API distribution and choosing "Save Target As."
- Extract the data from the .ZIP file into a temporary location on your hard drive.
- Tip: If you are using a FreeBSD/Linux/Unix PC, use the following unzip command to make sure that the files are in Unix text format:
- Create the necessary objects on your AS/400:
- CRTLIB LIB(LIBFTP)
- CRTSRCPF FILE(LIBFTP/QCLSRC) RCDLEN(92)
- CRTSRCPF FILE(LIBFTP/QRPGLESRC) RCDLEN(112)
- CRTSRCPF FILE(LIBFTP/QSH) RCDLEN(124)
- CRTSRCPF FILE(LIBFTP/QSRVSRC) RCDLEN(92)
- CRTSRCPF FILE(LIBFTP/QXMLGENS) RCDLEN(112)
- Transfer all of the source code to your AS/400
- Open an MS-DOS Prompt.
- Type: cd \directory\where\you\unzipped\ftpapi
- Type: ftp your-as400-name-here
- Type: (enter your username & password when asked)
- Type: quote site namefmt 1
- Type: cd /qsys.lib/libftp.lib
- Type: prompt off
- Type: ascii
- Type: mput QCLSRC.FILE/*
- Type: mput QRPGLESRC.FILE/*
- Type: mput QSH.FILE/*
- Type: mput QSRVSRC.FILE/*
- Type: mput QXMLGENS.FILE/*
- Type: quit
If all went well, the members should be on your system. Now you can build FTPAPI by typing:
- CHGCURLIB CURLIB(LIBFTP)
- CRTCLPGM INSTALL SRCFILE(LIBFTP/QCLSRC)
- CALL INSTALL PARM('LIBFTP')