Re: [Ftpapi] Automatic storage overflow

Jessie,

The single-level storage call stack in IBM i.  (The default call stack that contains all of the programs and procedures that are in memory) has a limit of 16 mb of total memory.

This error occurs when you try to exceed that limit.

Its important to understand that while HTTPAPI is using SOME of that 16mb, it is only the "straw that broke the camel's back".   Its the total of all programs in the call stack added together that has exceeded the maximum.

To fully understand, you'd need to go through all of the procedures on the call stack, and total the amount of memory used by local variables.  The total exceeds 16 mb.  To fix it, you'd either need to move some of the variables to heap storage (i.e. instead of having them be local, make them global, or allocate them to a pointer.)  or have fewer routines on the stack at once.  Or use teraspace storage.

--
Scott Klement
sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx