[Ftpapi] HTTPAPI on a V5R2 box with https -- is that even remotely possible

We've just gotten something from a prospect whose production box is on V5R2. And without going into any confidential details, they want something that would involve HTTPAPI connecting to our secured Amazon AWS server. We had to open up a special port with relaxed SSL, only reachable from our office IP address, just to get our V6 box talking to it; is it even remotely possible to get that to work from a V5R2 box?

--
JHHL