[Ftpapi] Timeout parm and log file for HTPAPI

Hi,

A bit new to HTTPAPI and trying to maintain a code inherited.

I have a program which sends a data out to a URL to get the answer back as XML as follows:

EVAL      rc=http_url_post(%trim(pRqUrl1)

               : p_data: st_size:

                %trim(pAnswer):30)

Last December , I put the :30 at the end of the statement just to bring the timeout value from default 60 to 30 second. As per my understanding, this timeout only work if the response on the post takes some time for a response back and hence could wait till 30 seconds now. What if we need to change to 1sec to have no delay on a batch job which seems to be taking much time integrating the orders from external source using HTTPAPI. Would that do any damage or exceptions?

Second question is regarding logs for the HTTPAPI. Where and how do we get the logs on HTTPAPI to see all info. Is it somewhere in an IFS folder or needs to be turned on somehow before getting any logs for it.

Some urgent insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Farhan

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.