From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of John Place
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 7:14 AM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Ftpapi] Question regarding sFTP

I typically use private keys for connecting to sFTP servers via QSH, I simply send the private key along with the credentials and everything works fine.  Below is an example is use to get data from Platts (an oil market company the offers index pricing models).

I have no trouble with this method, however I’m working with a new company and they too use sFTP however they don’t use key exchange.  I have a username and password and I can log into their site via SSH (see below) , there is nothing in the site yet I’m only testing if I can log it.  My question is can I use SSH in place of sFTP given there is no key exchange?

--

Thank You,
John Place

284 Fuel Supply LLC
General Manager
Direct Line: 563-468-5289
Cell: 563-529-0162
Email: John.Place@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Notice:  Any agreement discussed or implied in this message is for discussion purposes only and may not be relied upon to bind the company.  Agreements are binding only when fully committed to writing and executed by authorized representatives of all the parties.  The information contained herein, while provided in good faith and believed to be accurate, is provided by 284 Fuel Supply, LLC and or Iowa 80 Group, Inc. and their affiliates as an accommodation to their readers for information purposes only, it is not guaranteed as to accuracy or completeness.  The information contained in this communication is confidential and is intended only for the use of the addressee. It is solely the property of 284 Fuel Supply and or Iowa 80 Group Inc. and their affiliates. Unauthorized use of this information, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and destroy this communication, including all attachments and any copies.