[Ftpapi] Change HTTPAPI to respond to errors

Our current process uses the HTTPAPI process to send data to a different system.  This is done in a RPGLE program using a RunCmd process to do the sending.  Sometimes there is a time out error (500) from the system we are sending to, and we currently do not have a way to monitor for that to give it a retry in a few minutes.

wCMD =

HTTPAPI

URL('https://websites.net/api/Pst')

DOWNLOAD(/LOG/CatalogSales_Log.txt')

REQTYPE(*POST)

UPLOAD('/Out/CATALOGPRODUCT.XML')

DEBUG('/log/CatalogSales_DBL.txt')

USER(4776-a7bf')

PASS(4776-a7bf')

ReturnCode = RunCmd(wCMD);

After this process runs we are reading the log file to see if it was successful or not – but this only tells us that and not what the error was.  This would be in the DEBUG file.  We are hoping there is an easier way to determine the result of our POST.

Thanks,

John

John Baeten

Sr IT Developer – Pest Elimination – Commercial Solutions

T 651-795-6998 E john.baeten@xxxxxxxxxx

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain proprietary and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.