Re: [Ftpapi] **EXTERNAL** Re: gsk_environment_init returns 6003

Hello, Scott,

Thanks for the reply.

The strange thing is that on a 7.2 system, the function works even though the user has no authority whatever to the last directory in the path, nor to the two key files.  It is failing on a 7.4 system, where the user also has no authority to the last directory of the path nor to the files.  I reported it to IBM, and the engineer said the failure is the expected behavior.  We are unable to understand how it is working on 7.2.  I have to think the developer incorporated something in the code to “hide” some authority, but the developer has left the company and no one knows what might have been done.

From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 10:56 AM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: **EXTERNAL** Re: [Ftpapi] gsk_environment_init returns 6003

Hi Jonathan,

gsk_environment_init is an IBM-provided function, documented here: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_74/apis/gsk_environment_init.htm

The documentation clearly states that it requires *R access to the certificate store file, and *X to each directory in the path name.  If this is working differently for you (I have not heard of the problem, myself) I would suggest reporting it to IBM.

I do not have the ability to troubleshoot or fix the internals of the operating system.

-SK