[Ftpapi] HTTPAPI: Output to File changing brackets

Recently a vendor of ours changed from providing an on-premise solution to requiring that we use their web services instead.

In initial testing, I was getting the data response back to the RPG program directly and everything was fine.  However due to the high volume of data, I now have the API output the data to the IFS, and then I parse it from there.  However, when I have the API output the file to the IFS, it’s replacing the brackets as if it thinks they are a part of the data.   The quick solution was to have the process fix the brackets, but I feel both the API changing the brackets as well as me fixing them is taking way too long.

Example of data being returned:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<string xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">&lt;?xml version="1.0"?&gt;

&lt;Response xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"&gt;

  &lt;Successful&gt;Y&lt;/Successful&gt;

  &lt;ResponseCode&gt;9999&lt;/ResponseCode&gt;

  &lt;HeaderMessage&gt;Success&lt;/HeaderMessage&gt;

The procedure I’m calling is http_url_post

I’m not sure if this matters, but:

Content Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

User Agent: Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)

Do you have any suggestions to prevent the bracket replacement from happening?

Thanks,

Kurt Anderson
System Development Manager, Service Delivery Platform
cid:image002.jpg@01CD16F9.25D27630
web: www.customcall.com | email: kanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

A Division of Enghouse Systems Ltd. (TSX:ESL)

Email Signature - Enghouse Networks Order Management User Forum