Re: [Ftpapi] ssl_error(410): (GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received

Probably not anything more than TLS v1.1

IBM dropped support for new ciphers on V7R1 a while ago.  V6Rx... probably not going to have much luck.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1020876

This link should help.

If you're looking at doing any production work on your system involving server or client TCPIP communication using SSL/TLS, you have to upgrade to V7R2 or higher.  No two ways about it.

Bradley V. Stone
www.bvstools.com
MAILTOOL Benefit #5: Easy setup! No confusing or obscure setup instructions, directory entries, SMTP users, aliases or host tables. All you need is TCPIP, a connection to the internet and you're done!