[Ftpapi] Are HTTPAPI+IFS service program+BASE64 the right tools for the work i am starting?

Hello' list, first let me thank Scott for his incredible work done with his open
source projects.

I have been using http api for some time now for simple interaction with various
web services soap based.

Now i have to work with a web service that will give me back an xml file that
contains in one of his tags a stream file, better a character string that is
base64 encoded representation of a stream file.

Until now, interacting with previous web service, usually i was used to save the
resulting xml in the IFS then with xml-into or xml-sax (depending on the case) i
used the xml to do what i have to.

So this is what i am planning to do,
1) send the request to the web service and retrieve the reply, an xml file,
saving it somewhere on my ifs
2) then parse with xml-sax the xml file
3) once found the tag who contains the base64 encoded file, decode the content
of the tag, and save it to ae stream file in the ifs for later works.

Does it make sense to you? Any special advice? Is there a better solution to
accomplish my goal?

All the files i will be decoding should be less than 16 mb in size,

TIA everybody for your kind help.

--
Luca Giammattei
F.I.G.C. - Lega Nazionale Dilettanti

---

This message has been scanned by E.F.A. Project and is believed to be clean.