Re: [Ftpapi] ssl_error(410): (GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received

Hi Luciano,

HTTPAPI uses the SSL support that is built into the operating system.  In this case, the error "Peer not recognized or badly formed message..." means that it doesn't understand the SSL type/format of the system it's connecting to.

I've received this error when accidentally connecting to a non-SSL site with an https: URL.  Since the site wasn't talking SSL, the SSL routines got confused and complained that it was "badly formed".

I've also received this error when connecting to a site where the SSL/TLS was a version that I didn't have on IBM i, or that iI had different ciphers configured than the site used.  In those cases, simply configuring the system to use newer versions and/or adding ciphers helped.

-SK