[Ftpapi] Antwort: Re: JSON Data

Hi Scott

No, URL is sent to IBM HTTP Server with a web-service. Involved is YAJL. The URL-string is importet with getenv('QUERY_STRING').

/christian

Von:        Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum:        10.04.2017 18:22
Betreff:        Re: [Ftpapi] JSON Data
Gesendet von:        ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Christian,

I assume you are sending this URL with HTTPAPI and that is why you are asking this question on this mailing list?  Unless you explicitly ask HTTPAPI to escape characters (by calling the url encode or web form functions) it will only escape blanks.   Since your example shows other characters being escaped, that is not being done by HTTPAPI, it must be done by some other part of the process.

I would suggest to you that rather than try to stop these from being escaped, you code the server-side so that it will accept escaped characters correctly.  After all, having escaped characters is part of the HTTP protocol and is very widely used -- so just assuming they'll never be escaped seems like a bad idea.  But, that's just advice.

HTTPAPI does not escape these -- so you'll need to look elsewhere for answers.

-SK