[Ftpapi] CCSID Problems with Example Sources

Hi all,

first of all, this is my first posting to a mailing list ever, so I apologize for maybe doing something wrong.

I just installed HTTPAPI 1.34 and tried to run EXAMPLE15.
The program fails and states that my email address is invalid ("Invalid E-mail Address" in testpost.html).

In the debugger (RDi) I can see that @ is turning to § and ! becomes Ü as soon as I populate a variable with a value. The program source member looks good in LPEX/RDi while in SEU the wrong characters appear.

Our i5’s primary language is German. The job is running with CCSID 273 while the source file, LIBHTTP/QRPGLESRC, is CCSID 37. I assume that could be the problem here.

Can I convert the source files to 273 without doing any harm?
If so, how can I do it? And ... would it really improve the matter?

Thanks in advance
Markus