Re: [Ftpapi] Ideas for New HTTPAPI functions

Hi Scott,

I have been using HTTPAPI for a number of years now and it has proved to be both an extremely useful tool and very reliable.

When I first started using it the examples were my starting point and I went through all the examples and in many cases created new examples specific to my environment based on the samples provided.

It is interesting that while commonly there is a good example very close to what someone is looking for they omit to find it either from not understanding the example or perhaps not installing the examples or something else :-)

I also take careful note when someone resolves an issue or there are some code samples for something I have not done that I copy into my notes database.  Have been doing this for years and it is surprising that sometimes I already have the answer to the question in my own repository.

So yes added functionality and easier interface would be good as long as there are examples, (more the better) and as you have indicated the existing interface would remain so existing program would continue to operate.

One other thing I have noticed is that my understanding of the documentation or a description of a parameter is not always correct.  As a programmer documenting something you have written it is generally easy.  And when you read the words back you know exactly what it means especially when you have just written and tested it.  But give that same information to one hundred people and see how many different understandings you get.  That is where using examples and testing provide a better understanding.  And of course the people on this list are extremely helpful.

Just my 2 cents.

Don Brown