Re: Consuming web service in RPGLE program(Error)

Dishant,

Are you getting the messages from this mailing list? Someone provided information explaining that HTTPAPI cannot look up the host name. So the problem is not with the web service itself (at least, not yet) its that your IBM i cannot do a DNS lookup to get the host name for the site.

-SK

On 12/5/2016 12:00 AM, Dishant Sharma wrote:
    Please can anybody give any insight for this web service ?????

    Warm Regards,

    Dishant Sharma

    From: Dishant Sharma
    Sent: 02 December 2016 12:03
    To: 'ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: Consuming web service in RPGLE program(Error)

    Hi Scott,

    I am trying to consume a web service in my RPGLE program and below is
    the WSDL URI attached:

    [1]https://vjdebsv01d:7082/DV910/ReceiveXASODetails?WSDL

    But after creating my program and after following all of the steps to
    consume the service I am getting an error as' HOST NAME LOOKUP FAIL'.

    But when testing the same WSDL in SOAPUI Tool  I am getting the
    following response:-

    <env:Envelope xmlns:env="[2]http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>

       <env:Header/>

       <env:Body>

          <env:Fault
    xmlns:wsse="[3]http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-
    wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd">

             <faultcode>wsse:InvalidSecurity</faultcode>

             <faultstring>Error on verifying message against security
    policy Error code:1000</faultstring>

          </env:Fault>

       </env:Body>

    </env:Envelope>

    I am attaching my debug log with it too.

    HTTPAPI Ver 1.23 released 2008-04-24

    OS/400 Ver V6R1M0

    New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819. ProtLoc=0

    http_persist_open(): entered

    http_long_ParseURL(): entered

    DNS resolver retrans: 2

    DNS resolver retry  : 2

    DNS resolver options: x'00000136'

    DNS default domain: WARSAW.BMET

    DNS server found: 10.1.3.4

    DNS server found: 10.1.3.5

    SetError() #2: Host name look up failed.

    Please I need help regarding this as there is an emergency deployment
    for this project scheduled for next week.

    I am in the dire need of help at this moment.

    Warm Regards,

    Dishant Sharma

    HCL Technologies Limited

    Plot 1 & 2, Sector 125, Tower A (Ground Floor), Noida

    cid:image005.jpg@01D0B6FB.D1DB2170

    ::DISCLAIMER::
    ------

    intended for the named recipient(s) only.
    E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
    information could be intercepted, corrupted,
    lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
    transmission. The e mail and its contents
    (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any
    liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
    Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of
    the author and may not necessarily reflect the
    views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
    dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
    distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior
    written consent of authorized representative of
    HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
    please delete it and notify the sender immediately.
    Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for
    viruses and other defects.

    ------