Re: EXPAT - XML parsing issue

Thanks again Scott.

When you say "someone changed the settings for the xml translation" do you mean the publisher of the web service? Presumably that would affect both machines then?

I just installed that version of expat a couple of weeks ago from your website, I downloaded version 1.95.8 save file as I needed the object not the source (as I can't compile the source on that server). So, yes the machines do have different versions of expat. Do you have that version installed anywhere to test?

Sent from my iPhone

On 9 Nov 2016, at 2:38 PM, Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You mean you put "iso-8859-1" in the processing instructions of your XML file, and the response from the web service said "utf-8" in it's processing instructions?  I don't see how that would create the situation you describe.  The one you send in the request is not used at all by HTTPAPI, it simply sends it as-is, and doesn't care what's in it.  The response being UTF-8 is extremely common (in fact is is THE most common situation) and if Expat didn't recognize it, you'd get an error, not garbage.

Maybe someone changed the settings for the XML translation?   Or maybe you have an old, outdated version of Expat on your system that it is picking up instead of the current one?