truncated soap action

We just installed version 1.31 of HTTPAPI and discovered that the soap action is being trunacated to 64A.  The parameter we are sending is 128A.***  From reading the archives, it sounds like the HTTPAPI itself does not need to change, but obviously something does need to change since it is not working.  Do I need to declare the soap action variable that I am passing differently?

***Note 128A was working before because someone customized HTTPAPI which we don’t want to do with the new version if we can help it.