SV: FTPAPI quit working

First thought I had was that this is probably due to passive mode not working (maybe something in the router changed because of the firmware update?). I think FileZilla will automatically fall back to active mode if passive mode fails.

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] På vegne af Jeff Crosby
Sendt: 8. november 2016 19:13
Til: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Emne: FTPAPI quit working

All,

IBM i 7.1, up to date on PTFs.

We've been using FTPAPI for 8+ years for 2 purposes:

1) FTP purchase orders to a single vendor several times per week
2) FTP a sales report once a week to a totally unrelated vendor

Starting last Wednesday, the FTPing of those purchase orders stopped working.  What happens is the connection is made, sign on occurs, and when the "STOR" command is issued, it just stops.  It literally sat there from 8:12am to almost 5pm.  The reason I saw it is that it started interfering with end-of-day activities.

Here is the IBM i joblog of a retry attempt of mine:

Job . . :   JLCROSBYC1    User . . :   JEFF          Number . . . :   170213

3>> PO09 VNDNR(02378) WEEK(44) DIGIT(1) POSTYLE(*DOT)
       143 - CALL PGM(PO09)          /* The CALL command contains parameters
      */
    Object PO02378441 in QTEMP type *FILE created.
    1 objects duplicated.
    Ownership of object QCPEXTEMPS in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
    Ownership of object QACP170213 in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
    Ownership of object QACEXFLD12 in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
    Ownership of object Q4T9TT02 in QTEMP type *FILE changed.
    All records copied from file PO02378441 in QTEMP.
    Object changed.
    Object changed.
    Object PO02378441 in QTEMP type *FILE deleted.
    0: FTPAPI version 2.2 released on 2005-09-20
     0: 220 **********, Inc. FTP Server
     0: > USER dilgard
     0: 331 Password required for dilgard.
     0: > PASS **********
     0: 230 User logged in.
     0: > CWD In
     0: 250 CWD command successful.
     0: > TYPE I
     0: 200 Type set to I.
     0: > PORT 192,168,0,1,74,7
     0: 200 PORT command successful.
     0: > STOR PO02378441.csv
     0: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection.

and that's it.  That was last Wednesday.  The WRKACTJOB display of that job is this:

                     Current
 Opt  Subsystem/Job  User        Type  CPU %  Function        Status
        JLCROSBYC1   JEFF        INT      .0  CMD-PO09         TIMW

The help text for status TIMW says:

TIMW
    The initial thread of the job is waiting for a
    time interval to end.

What the IBM i job does is 1) build a file in library QTEMP, 2) copy that file to the IFS as a .csv file, and 3) FTP that .csv file to the vendor.

We successfully sent one Tuesday morning (the day before) from the IBM i.

Tuesday night the firmware was updated in the Meraki MX60 router.  So that was the first place we thought of.  But I copied the .csv file to my desktop and was able to send it via FileZilla through that same router.

The once a week sales report gets FTP'ed on Fridays.  It also failed, but at least the joblog had this:  "425 Unable to build data connection:
Connection refused".  I copied that file to my PC and was able to send it via FileZilla as well.

We upgraded to FTPAPI 2.3 and it still fails.  The IBM i was rebooted Saturday as part of a SAVE 21 and it still fails.  (Not that I think reboots help the IBM i like it does Windows.)

We send/receive files from/to the IBM i via FTP every day and every night.
The ONLY ones failing are those being sent via FTPAPI.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

--

Jeff Crosby
VP Information Systems

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.