Re: Send credentials with HTTPAPI

Hector,

It depends on how the web service expects the userid/password to be sent.

If they are using the HTTP capabilities (BASIC, DIGEST or NTLM2 authentication) it can be done by calling http_setAuth/http_getAuth. There are examples in the QRPGLESRC file include with HTTPAPI of using these (search the members named EXAMPLE for getAuth/setAuth)

If they are using another method, one that's not part of HTTP, but is part of the web service data, then you will have to code it into your XML/JSON data. There are a few dozen different options there, so you'll need to research what they are using and how it works and code it yourself, since there is no one standard used by everyone in that case.

-SK