Re: HTTPAPI http_url_get

   Hi John,
   when you are on V7.1 or higher you can load the result of the GET
   request with SQL into a variable
            ctl-opt main(main) dftactgrp(*no) option(*nounref);

   //------------------------------------------------------------------//

   //                                                                  //
         // GETHTTPCLOB from Google Maps
   API                                 //

   //                                                                  //

   //-----------------                                                 //
         // R.Ross 10.2016
   *                                                 //

   //------------------------------------------------------------------//
         //
   Variables                                                        //

   //------------------------------------------------------------------//
            dcl-s   myclob      SQLType(CLOB:1000000) inz; // CLOB
            dcl-s   myurl       varchar(256);              // URL
            dcl-s   query       varchar(256);              // QueryString
            dcl-s   mydata      varchar(30000);            // Data

   //------------------------------------------------------------------//
         // Procedure -
   Main                                                 //

   //------------------------------------------------------------------//
            dcl-proc main;
              exec sql set option datfmt=*iso, timfmt=*iso, commit=*none,
                                  closqlcsr=*endactgrp;
              myurl =
   '[1]https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/xml?' +
                      'address=';
              query = '3605 US-52, Rochester, MN';
              exec sql set :query = systools.urlencode(:query,'UTF-8');
              myurl += query;                            // URL +
   QueryString
              exec sql
               SELECT SYSTOOLS.HTTPGETCLOB (:myurl,'')
                 into :myclob
                 From SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1;
               if sqlcode >= *zero;
                  mydata = %subst(myclob_data:1:myclob_len); // CLOB ->
   Data
               endif;
            end-proc;

   regards