Von: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Thomas Raddatz
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2016 07:42
An: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Betreff: AW: XML parse failed

Fritz,

What does the xml prolog header look like? Usually it should look like this,
specifying utf-8 for the xml data stream:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Also check the hex value of the German "ö" of "Röntgen". For utf-8 it should
be x'c396'. If it actually is x'F6', then the actual encoding could be for
example ISO-8859-1. If the parser expects utf-8, it throws an error, when it
reads x'F6'.

The parser looks at the prolog header to select the proper encoding. If
there is no prolog header, I strongly assume that it defaults to utf-8. So,
if there is no xml prolog, look at the "Content-Type" header of the response
message in your debug log, to figure out the encoding of the response
message:

Here are some examples:

a) Encoding is ISO-8859-1.

b) Encoding is utf-8.

I am not sure about the deafult charset value of the content type header.
But I assume, that it is us ascii.

But I strongly assume, that your parser expects utf-8, but gets another
encoding such as ISO-8859-1.

Last but not least, here is where you should find the content type header:

recvresp(): entered
HTTP/1.1 200 OK