Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 3:30 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Question about http_url_post_raw2()

Hi Paul
thank you for your answer. What I am trying to do is to write the incoming
data as is without any translation from the server,

Mario, if you open the file without the O_TEXTDATA flag setted, then all
the data you write to the file will go direct without any translation. If
you want them to be translated, you have to call iconv on your own. Done
this a hundred times, just to be sure that CCSID was the one i want.

See http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_71/apis/open.htm
for any clarification.

because I want to see exactly what I receive. I know  that if I open a ifs
file and specify the CCsid/codepage parameter the sysstem translate to that
ccsid/codepage,

Not true. You must specify the O_TEXTDATA flag for this to happen. *But*
it's true that the sytem will treat any file using the CCSID it's written
on it to show you on the green screen.