AW: proxy access problem

Hello !!

Some additional information regarding this issue. It seems that the proxy_tunnel procedure has a problem, when waiting for proxy´s response. As this "proxy" is a forwarding proxy, which knows that every tcp-packet, I send to "app-proxy.eb.lan.at:10071" has to be forwarded directly to the https-port (443) of "secure.armstrongconsulting.com", I am uncertain, if I am using the proxy approach correctly. It seems, I won´t get any response from my poxy directly which ends in -1 when receiving and parsing proxy server's response in procedure proxy_tunnel.

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot, Alexander

Hi Scott,

as announced earlier, I am actually testing access to a testserver via proxy.
The situation in our environment is as following:

-        We may not access any server outside the network directly.

-        Therefore we have a proxy server and a port number to use

-        Sending web-service requests to the proxy as host-url with the portnumber (https://app-proxy.eb.lan.at:10071) forwards our request to the destination host (works fine generally and we are using this approach for several years with other partners)

-        Unfortunately our new partner wants to ensure RFC2616 conformity and checks the host header: when we send out our request using the proxy setting, we use as host the final destination (https://secure.armstrongconsulting.com/) and use http_setproxy('app-proxy.eb.lan.at':10071), the communication doesn´t work. What am I missing here ?

Enclosed is the debug log for my proxy access:

HTTPAPI Ver 1.32 released 2016-02-10
NTLM Ver 1.4.0 released 2014-12-22
OS/400 Ver V7R1M0

New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819. ProtLoc=0
http_setauth(): entered
https_init(): entered
QSSLPCL = *OPSYS
SSL version 2 support disabled
SSL version 3 support enabled
Old interface to TLS version 1.0 support enabled TLS version 1.0 support enabled TLS version 1.1 support enabled TLS version 1.2 support enabled
Dump of local-side certificate information:
http_url_post(): entered
http_persist_open(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
DNS resolver retrans: 2
DNS resolver retry  : 2
DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
DNS default domain: eb.lan.at
DNS server found: 10.3.42.1
DNS server found: 10.3.42.2
Nagle's algorithm (TCP_NODELAY) disabled.
CONNECT secure.armstrongconsulting.com:443 HTTP/1.1
Host: secure.armstrongconsulting.com HTTP/1.1
Proxy-Connection: keep-alive

recvresp(): entered
recvresp(): end with err
http_close(): entered

Thanks for your support.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards Mag. Alexander Grünwald